So here are some of the weirdest college mascots that we have come across.
1. Sammy the Banana Slug (University of California)
This slimy yellow mollusk is the mascot of The University of California, Santa Cruz. The slug has been adopted as a mascot to comment on the over-emphasis of athletics at many universities.
2. Billiken( St.Loius University Mascot)
Representing good luck this mascot looks like an alien or a vampire. This mascot was chosen because it resembled one of the coaches.
3. Brutus the Buckeye ( Ohio State Mascot)
Brutus is a Buckeye dressed in Buckeye colors with a headpiece resembling a Ohio Buckeye nut.
4. Boll Weevils ( University of Arkansas Mascot)
Boll Weevil is the most destructive cotton-pest of the United States therefore despite its diminutive size its a formidable opponent.
5. Fighting Pickles ( North-Carolina School of the Arts Mascot)
Fighting Pickles became the school’s official mascot after it won the ‘mascot-choosing contest’. It became the most ridiculous mascot of all times.